This introduction tutorial prepares you for the rest of the tutorials to follow. You will import example models, become familiar with ‘Discrete Event Simulator’ user interface features, and explore available settings. Perform the following outlined steps in Innoslate:
- Ensure you are currently signed into Innoslate, then click the link provided below to automatically download the Robotic System example models.
Upon successful import, you will be automatically navigated to ‘Database View’ in Innoslate.
- Navigate to ‘Diagrams View’ by clicking ‘Diagrams’ in the top navigation bar.
- Refresh all of the existing diagram images simultaneously by clicking the ‘ ‘ located at the top right of the view, and selecting ‘Refresh All Diagram Images.’
- Click on the “1 Level One: Robot Root Action” diagram to navigate directly to that particular ‘Action Diagram.’
- Within the ‘Action Diagram,’ click to open the blue ‘Simulate’ drop-down and select the ‘Discrete Event’ menu item.
- This will navigate you to the ‘Discrete Event Simulator’ with your ‘Action Diagram’ loaded and ready to simulate.
The simulator is comprised of a sidebar to the left and a set of panels to the right which can be shown, hidden, re-sized and sorted in any order to best meet your needs. By default, the simulator displays the following panels: ‘Status,’ ‘Total Time,’ ‘Total Cost,’ ‘Action Trace 3D,’ and ‘Gantt Chart.’
The ‘Status’ panel displays the ‘Action’ constructs currently in the simulator event queue and their current state. The ‘Total Time’ and ‘Total Cost’ panels display the current overall simulation time and cost, respectively. To view the context of the current running ‘Action’ constructs, the ‘Action Trace 3D’ panel displays a 3D Action Diagram of your entire model. The ‘Gantt Chart’ panel shows the total simulation time and the duration of the ‘Action’ constructs.
- Explore the additional panels and the settings available via the left sidebar.
- Save your current panel configuration and settings by clicking the ‘Save Settings’ button located in the ‘Settings’ menu.