An entity can be added to a ‘Spider Diagram’ via drag-and-drop.
- Within a ‘Spider Diagram,’ ensure you do not currently have a block selected, and click the ‘Action’ icon in the ‘New’ tab of the left sidebar and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the ‘Action’ icon over to the adjacent diagram canvas.
- Release the left mouse button while over the diagram canvas to drop the new ‘Action’ and add it to the diagram.
Notice the ‘Action’ stays selected once it has been dropped. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for functions which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to show the ‘Metadata,’ ‘Attributes’ and ‘Relationships’ tabs.
- Enter a meaningful ‘Name’ for your new ‘Action’ via the ‘Attributes’ tab of the left sidebar (focused automatically for convenience).
- With the new ‘Action’ still selected, add a relationship to another entity by clicking one of the green circles and continuing to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the green circle to another entity block of your choice which you would like to create a relationship with.
- When the other entity block highlights bright green, release the left mouse button to add a relationship.
- This opens the ‘Create New Relationship’ dialog. Use the drop-down menu or type in the name of the relationship you would like to add in the ‘Select option’ field.
- Finally, click on the ‘Create’ button.
- The relationship of your choice will be added to the appropriate two entities.
- Click the ‘Save’ button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project’s database.
* Note: The above process describes using the ‘New’ tab of the left sidebar, which automatically generates a new entity to represent each new block. If you would like to reuse existing entities from your database in your diagram, use the ‘Existing’ tab instead.