A ‘Logical Connection’ can be added in the ‘Block Definition Diagram‘ via drag-and-drop. The example used on this page connects two ‘Block’ constructs with a ‘Logical Connection.’
- Within a ‘Block Definition Diagram,’ select the ‘Block’ you would like connected to another ‘Block’.
- Click the green circle and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the green circle over to another ‘Block’ of your choice.
- When the parent ‘Block’ box highlights green, release the left mouse button over the ‘Simple Association (connected by)’ section to drop the new ‘Logical Connection’ and add it to the diagram.
Notice the ‘Logical Connection’ stays selected once it has been dropped. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for functions which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to include additional ‘Metadata,’ ‘Attributes,’ and ‘Relationships’ tabs.
- Once added to the diagram, enter a meaningful ‘Name’ for your new ‘Logical Connection’ via the ‘Attributes’ tab of the left sidebar (focused automatically for convenience).
- Click the ‘Save’ button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project’s database.
* Note: The above process describes using the ‘New’ tab of the left sidebar, which automatically generates a new entity to represent each new diagram construct. If you would like to reuse existing entities from your database to represent a new construct, use the ‘Existing’ tab instead.
For more information on this construct and how it is represented in the database model, see Block Definition Diagram Constructs.