Innoslate Academic Competition
About the Competition
SPEC Innovations is holding its first Innoslate Academic Competition (IAC) and we welcome all students, undergraduate to graduate, to participate. Participants will submit their solution to a systems engineering problem using Innoslate Academic, and the winner will receive a cash prize. Please see below for more information about the winning prizes, the rubric, and requirements.
Competition Winning Prizes
- Cash prize of $1,500
- Featured on Innoslate website and social media
- IAC winner t-shirt
- Framed certificate
- Experience for resume
Deadline to submit: March 1st, 2022
Winner Announced: March 30th, 2022
How to Participate
The goal is to create a solution to a systems engineering problem in Innoslate. The winning solution will be determined using the rubric below.
Here’s how to sign up for IAC:
1. Sign up for Innoslate Academic with your .edu email address at innoslate.com/sign-up. It’s free to students and provides you with up to 2000 entities.
2. Develop the solution to your systems engineering problem using Innoslate. See the rubric and requirements below.
3. Submit your completed Innoslate project by sharing access to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Make sure to submit your project by March 1st.
If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com.
Join mailing list to keep up to date and receive reminders.
Resources for Using Innoslate
Rubric for IAC
|Systems Engineering (SE) Principles & Elements||Scoring System (e.g. 1-5 Likert Scale – “How well was this performed?”)|
|Systems Engineering Lifecycle Model Defined|
|Context Analysis/Literature Review Done|
|Stakeholder Analysis Defined|
|Problem/Need Statement Defined|
|Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Defined|
|Project Cost, Schedule & Risk Defined|
|Mission/Functional Requirements Defined|
|Verification & Validation Plan Defined|
|Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Defined|
|Design Alternatives Considered|
|Final Report/Executive Summary Completed|
|Innoslate Features/Efficiency||Must include 3 or more of the features|
|Analyzed Requirements Document (passed by quality checker)|
|Action Diagram Models|
|Simulation Results (executables w/ tangible results)|
|Physical Models (Asset Diagrams/Physical I/O Diagram)|
|Traceability (Traceability Matrix)|
|Quality Check w/ Intelligence View|
Requirements for IAC
- Submissions must use Innoslate Academic
- Name Your Project in the following format: (First Name, Last Name, IAC Submission, Project Name i.e. “self-driving car”)
- Use your .edu email addresses for your Innoslate project and for the below submission form
- Teams can be no larger than 4 participants
- Deadline to submit: March 1st, 2022